Long Island Iced Tea Cocktail Recipe
The Long Island Iced Tea, or LIIT, is one of the most classic among the cocktails. It is known for its diversity of ingredients and the morning-after consequences. Still it is drunk worldwide and we too love it!
If you're ready for a drunken night, then follow along downwards to the recipe with many ingredients, but a simple how-to.
Long Island Iced Tea ingredients
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) Sweet and Sour mix
- 1 oz (30 ml) Gin
- 1 oz (30 ml) White rum
- 1 oz (30 ml) Triple Sec
- 1 oz (30 ml) Tequila
- 1 oz (30 ml) Vodka
- Ice cubes
- Splash of Soda (cola)
- Garnish: Lemon segment
How to make the Long Island Iced Tea
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the sweet/sour mix, gin, white rum, triple sec, tequila and vodka and shake!
- Pour the mixture in a glass and top it off with a splash of soda
- Garnish with a slim lemon segment
It’s that easy to enjoy this delicious tropical cocktail!
This is the way to make a Long Island Iced Tea. You don't have to use the same proportions , but we do recommend keeping to these ratios. There are some variations to this drink that you might like too. One will get you drunk even faster and the others have a different, but still delicious taste. We're sure there is one you'll love!
Long Island Iced Tea Variations
- Texas Tea - Add bourbon to the mix
- Electric Iced Tea - Blue curaçao replaces triple sec and use lemon-lime soda instead of cola
- Miami Iced Tea - Substitute tequila with Peach Schnapps and use lemon-lime soda instead
- Long Beach Iced Tea - Replace the cola with cranberry juice
- Hawaiian Iced Tea - Replace the cola with pineapple juice