Mojito Cocktail Recipe
Now onto the recipe! Let's start with the ingredients:
- 2 oz (60 ml) Soda water
- 1 oz (30 ml) Simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) Light rum
- Mint leaves
- Lime wedges
- Ice cubes (or crushed ice)
- Garnishing: Lime segment
How to make the Mojito
- Put the lime wedges into a glass and add the simple syrup. Muddle the lime wedges so the lime juices release and mix with the simple syrup.
- Get the mint leaves and slap it on your other hand to release the aroma. You can also rub it between your hands. Then drop them in the glass.
- Fill the glass till half full with ice cubes or crushed ice.
- Add the light rum and soda water and stir the mix.
- Garnish with a lime segment on the edge of the glass
Enjoy your super Mojito!
As the Mojito is known worldwide, it has a ton of variations. We have handpicked a few favorites and listed them below for your ease. Try them and let us know what you think!
- Elderflower Mojito - Add Elderflower liqueur to the mix
- Ginger Mojito - Substitute the soda water with ginger beer
- Nojito (alcohol free) - Replace the light rum with Sprite
- Mexican Mojito - Replace the light rum with tequila
- Mojito Venezolano - Add 2 fresh strawberries to the step 1 and muddle with the Lime and syrup