Tequila Sunrise Cocktail Recipe
The Tequila Sunrise gets its name from the yellow-orange colors of the cocktail. This easy to make cocktail is a beauty, refreshing and fruity and very easy to make. Let's start!
Tequila Sunrise ingredients
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) Tequila
- 4 oz (120 ml) Orange juice
- 1 oz (30 ml) Grenadine
- Ice cubes
- Garnishing: Orange segment & red cherry
How to make the Tequila Sunrise
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and pour the Tequila and Orange Juice.
- Slowly pour the grenadine around the inside edges of the glass. As grenadine is a thick liquid, it will sink to the bottom. It will mix as well as give it that Sunrise look. Do not stir!
- Garnish with an Orange segment and a red cherry.
And voilà, you've got a beautiful and delicious Sunrise. Enjoy!
Our recipe is not the original one and there are many more variations. We have listed a few for you below.
Tequila Sunrise Variations
- Original Tequila Sunrise - Replace the orange juice with club soda and the grenadine with crème de cassis. Add the juice of half a lime during step 1.
- Waterloo Sunset - Use gin, elderflower and champagne with raspberry liqueur
- Firefly - Substitute the Orange juice with grapefruit juice
- Virgin Sunrise (Alcohol free) - Skip the tequila