The Best Mocktails
With so many options for virgin cocktails, it can be hard to know where to start. That's why we've compiled a list of the four most popular virgin cocktails, so you can pick the perfect one for your next party or gathering!
Each of these drinks is refreshing and flavorful, and they're sure to be a hit with everyone, whether they're drinking alcohol or not. So read on to find out more about the four most popular virgin cocktails!
What are virgin cocktails?
Virgin cocktails, also sometimes called mocktails, are non-alcoholic drinks that mimic the look and taste of their boozy counterparts. While virgin cocktails can be enjoyed by anyone, they are often specifically requested by pregnant women, designated drivers, or people who are avoiding alcohol for religious reasons.
Virgin cocktails usually contain the same mixers and garnishes as their alcoholic counterparts, making them a great way to enjoy the flavor of a cocktail without the risk of overindulging. In recent years, virgin cocktails have become increasingly popular as more people are looking for ways to enjoy all the flavor of a cocktail without the intoxication. Whether you're expecting, driving, or just abstaining from alcohol, virgin cocktails offer a delicious and refreshing alternative.
The 4 most popular virgin cocktails
The Shirley Temple is a sweet and refreshing drink that is perfect for summertime sipping. It gets its name from the actress Shirley Temple, who was known for her innocence and non-alcoholic lifestyle.
- 1/2 oz grenadine
- 1/4 oz lime juice
- 5 oz ginger ale
- Maraschino cherry
- Fill a Collins glass with cubed ice
- Add the grenadine and the lime juice
- Top it off with ginger ale and stir gently
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry
The Virgin Mary is a classic virgin cocktail that is similar to a Bloody Mary. The only difference is that it uses tomato juice instead of vodka. To make a Virgin Mary, mix together tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and celery salt.
- 3 oz tomato juice
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 stalk celery (garnish)
- 1 pickle spear (garnish)
- Fill a Highball glass with cubed ice
- Add the tomato juice and lemon juice
- Mix well
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and hot sauce
- Garnish with the celery and/or pickle
The Virgin Margarita is a tart and tangy drink that is perfect for those who enjoy margaritas but don't want the alcohol. To make a Virgin Margarita, mix together limeade, lemonade, and orange juice. If you want to add a little sweetness to the drink, you can also add in some simple syrup or agave nectar.
- Sea salt
- Lime wedge
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 cup club soda
- Wet the rim of a Margarita glass with the lime wedge
- Roll the rim in a small dish of sea salt
- Fill the glass with ice cubes
- Add the lime, lemon and orange juices and the agave nectar
- Stir well
- Top it off with club soda
- Garnish with a lime wedge
The Non-Alcoholic Mojito is a refreshing and minty drink that is perfect for any occasion. To make a Non-Alcoholic Mojito, muddle fresh mint leaves in the bottom of a glass with some sugar and lime juice. Then add in sparkling water or club soda and enjoy!
- Crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mint leaves
- Lime juice from 3 limes
- Soda water
- Muddle the sugar with leaves from the mint
- Fill the glass with a handful of crushed ice
- Add the mint mix from step 1
- Top up with soda water
- Add an optional garnish