Highball Glass

A highball glass is a tall, narrow glass typically used for serving cocktails. The name comes from the fact that it is often used to serve "highballs," which are cocktails made with spirits and mixers. Highball glasses vary in size, but they are typically around 10 ounces.

There are many different types of highball glasses, but the most common is the Collins glass. The Collins glass is taller and narrower than a traditional highball glass, and it has a flared rim. This type of glass is often used for drinks like the Tom Collins and the John Collins.

Highball Cocktail Glass

Other common types of highball glasses include the rocks glass and the old-fashioned glass. Rocks glasses are shorter and wider than traditional highball glasses, and they have a heavy bottom. This type of glass is typically used for drinks that are served "on the rocks," meaning with ice. Old-fashioned glasses are similar to rocks glasses, but they have a shorter stem. This type of glass is often used for drinks like the old-fashioned and the Manhattan.

Highball glasses are an essential part of any home bar, and they can be used for a variety of different cocktails. If you're looking to add some variety to your barware collection, consider picking up a few different types of highball glasses. With their tall, narrow shape, these glasses are perfect for everything from mixed drinks to shots.

Cocktails served in Highball glasses:

Related articles