Cocktail rolling is a bartending technique used to mix cocktails. The cocktail is rolled back and forth between two shakers, typically Boston shakers, to mix the ingredients without using a stirring spoon. You can also use mixing glasses for rolling.
What do you need for rolling a cocktail?
- Cocktail shaker (Boston shaker)
- Cocktail strainer
- Cocktail glass
- Cocktail ingredients
How do you roll a cocktail?
- Pour all of the cocktail ingredients into one shaker.
- Place the other shaker on top of the first shaker.
- Hold the shakers together and roll them back and forth between your hands.
- Roll the shakers until the cocktail is mixed and chilled.
- Strain the cocktail into a glass and enjoy!
Examples of rolled cocktails: